Thursday, May 28, 2015
Below is the 2014 Commencement schedule from Thursday, May 29, 2014.
The 2015 schedule will be updated soon to reflect the exact activities and times for Class Day and Commencement events.
Please check back at a further date for accurate information for the 2015 Commencement schedule.
SUNRISE BREAKFAST – 6:45 A.M.
- Degree candidates and their guests are invited to a continental breakfast before the day’s events.
- Tickets are not required.
CLASS MARCH WITH DEAN TO TERCENTENARY THEATRE - 7:15 A.M.
- Law School degree candidates will meet in front of Harkness Commons’ main entrance to join the Dean of HLS and the Class Marshals in a procession to the 1885 Gate at Quincy Street. Degree candidates will assemble on Quincy Street outside the entrance to Sever Quad for the Academic Procession.
- For those who miss the march, all degree candidates must be assembled at the Sever Quad by 8:00 am.
- All degree candidates must be in academic attire, wearing their Harvard ID. Students in regalia DO NOT need a ticket to enter.
UNIVERSITY CEREMONY - 9:45 A.M.
- The University Ceremony is scheduled in Tercentenary Theatre, rain or shine. At this ceremony, President Faust confers degrees to graduates by school.
- Tickets are required. Degree candidates receive 2 guest tickets (degree candidates do not need a ticket). Note: A ticket allows admission into Tercentenary Theatre; however, seats are available on a first come, first served basis. University gates open at 6:45 am. Guests of degree candidates should plan their arrival accordingly.
- All guests should be seated for the start of the academic procession which begins at 8:30 a.m.
- The morning ceremony has an audience of approximately 33,000 people. Additional information about the University’s Commencement ceremony can be found at the University’s Official Commencement site.
- Maps of Harvard Yard and Tercentenary Theatre can be found at Harvard University Maps.
LAW SCHOOL DIPLOMA CEREMONY - 11:45 A.M.
- At this ceremony in front of Langdell Library, degrees are presented individually by Dean Minow.
- The Law School’s Diploma Ceremony is scheduled to begin after the University Ceremony (approximately 11:45 am) and lasts approximately 2 hours.
- Lunch is offered during the Diploma Ceremony for graduates and guests with lunch tickets.
- Tickets are not necessary to attend the ceremony, but are necessary for lunch. The graduating student receives 1 complimentary lunch ticket. Lunch tickets must be purchased in advance.
UNIVERSITY AFTERNOON EXERCISES - 2:30 P.M.
- President Drew Faust and the Commencement Speaker Michael Bloomberg, MBA ’66, will deliver remarks.
- Tickets are required. Each degree candidate receives 3 guest tickets.
To view a live webcast of the event, please click here.