Thursday, May 29, 2014
SUNRISE BREAKFAST – 6:45 A.M.
- Degree candidates and their guests are invited to a continental breakfast before the day’s events.
- Tickets are not required.
CLASS MARCH WITH DEAN TO TERCENTENARY THEATRE - 7:15 A.M.
- Law School degree candidates will meet in front of Harkness Commons’ main entrance to join the Dean of HLS and the Class Marshals in a procession to the 1885 Gate at Quincy Street. Degree candidates will assemble on Quincy Street outside the entrance to Sever Quad for the Academic Procession.
- For those who miss the march, all degree candidates must be assembled at the Sever Quad by 8:00 am.
- All degree candidates must be in academic attire, wearing their Harvard ID. Students in regalia DO NOT need a ticket to enter.
UNIVERSITY CEREMONY - 9:45 A.M.
- The University Ceremony is scheduled in Tercentenary Theatre, rain or shine. At this ceremony, President Faust confers degrees to graduates by school.
- Tickets are required. Degree candidates receive 2 guest tickets (degree candidates do not need a ticket). Note: A ticket allows admission into Tercentenary Theatre; however, seats are available on a first come, first served basis. University gates open at 6:45 am. Guests of degree candidates should plan their arrival accordingly.
- All guests should be seated for the start of the academic procession which begins at 8:30 a.m.
- The morning ceremony has an audience of approximately 33,000 people. Additional information about the University’s Commencement ceremony can be found at the University’s Official Commencement site.
- Maps of Harvard Yard and Tercentenary Theatre can be found at Harvard University Maps.
LAW SCHOOL DIPLOMA CEREMONY - 11:45 A.M.
- At this ceremony in front of Langdell Library, degrees are presented individually by Dean Minow.
- The Law School’s Diploma Ceremony is scheduled to begin after the University Ceremony (approximately 11:45 am) and lasts approximately 2 hours.
- Lunch is offered during the Diploma Ceremony for graduates and guests with lunch tickets.
- Tickets are not necessary to attend the ceremony, but are necessary for lunch. The graduating student receives 1 complimentary lunch ticket. Lunch tickets must be purchased in advance.
UNIVERSITY AFTERNOON EXERCISES - 2:30 P.M.
- President Drew Faust and the Commencement Speaker Michael Bloomberg, MBA ’66, will deliver remarks.
- Tickets are required. Each degree candidate receives 3 guest tickets.