This page is designed to provide an outline of all of the steps that need to be taken before Commencement, on Commencement day, and after Commencement as you prepare to leave HLS.
Preparing for Commencement – GRADUATE CHECK LIST
- ACADEMIC AFFAIRS – Visit the Registrar’s site to make sure all academic affairs are in order.
- ACADEMIC ATTIRE – Find out how to reserve your regalia and what to wear to all activities during Commencement.
- CLASS MARSHALS – Check in on the latest fun and important information for the Class of 2012!
- COMMENCEMENT TICKETS – Information on tickets to all commencement events
- COMMENCEMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS – Contact the Harvard Law Coop at 617-499-3255 to order announcements.
- FINANCIAL ISSUES – In order to ensure that all financial matters are resolved, JDs should visit the Student Financial Services site and LLMs should contact the Graduate Program Office of Admissions and Financial Aid.
- OCS GRADUATE EMPLOYMENT SURVEY [Coming Soon]
- GUESTS – Help your guests make any necessary plans or accommodations for their visits to Cambridge.
- STUDENT IDs – Ensure that you have your HLS Student ID, or get a new one if you have lost yours.
- WEATHER – Both Class Day and Commencement Day are scheduled to be celebrated outdoors, so check in on the Cambridge, MA (02138) Weather for May 23rd and 24th.
- SEVERE WEATHER – Review the Rain Plan for all events. In the case of extreme weather the Rain Plan will be used as opposed to the planned activities
- ORDER A YEARBOOK – You can purchase a yearbook online or by stopping by the Dean of Students Office.
What to know and where to be on Class Day and Commencement Day
- CLASS DAY – Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012
- COMMENCEMENT DAY – Thursday, May 24th, 2012
- 2012 GRADUATE INFORMATION BOOKLET (pdf) [Coming Soon]
- SECURITY – Information for all events during Commencement
- INFORMATION BOOTH – If you are a Class of 2012 graduate, please note that on both Class Day and Commencement Day you can come to the information booth to pick up your tickets, purchase additional lunch tickets for the HLS Diploma ceremony, and with any questions or concerns. Members of the Dean of Students Office Staff and the Commencement Staff will be stationed at the booth during all activities and are there to help! *Please note that only the graduating student may pick up tickets unless written consent has been given by that student.
Preparing to leave HLS
- BAR INFORMATION – Visit this site with any questions about Bar Information.
- E-MAIL ACCOUNT – Check this site for e-mail expiration information.
- GYM MEMBERSHIPS – Information about gym memberships and access post-commencement.
- HEALTH COVERAGE – Learn more about the HLS Health Coverage ending and about other options.
- LIBRARY ACCESS - Information about accessing the library after graduation.
- LOCKER CLEAN OUT – Student lockers must be emptied by May 31, 2012.
- REMEMBERING COMMENCEMENT – Information about ordering Commencement photos or the Commencement DVD.
- STUDENT PARKING PASSES – Student parking passes expire on May 31, 2012.
- STUDENT ID EXPIRATION – Check in on the expiration of your Student ID.