Our members have worked across the world on an array of human rights and humanitarian issues. In each project, our members work under the supervision of the International Human Rights Clinic and leading international or domestic human rights NGOs.
Here is a sample of our previous projects:
- Leading a reading group on sex trafficking and developing an externship project with as part of last year’s Thinking Big workshop.
- Assisting with a legislative advocacy project to advance corporate accountability in state courts in the wake of Kiobel v. Royal Dutch Petroleum, in conjunction with the International Corporate Accountability Roundtable and EarthRights International.
- Writing a brief to the European Court of Human Rights about a case of torture in Chechnya, on behalf of the torture victim and in close collaboration with Russian human rights organizations.
- Conducting field research on the persecution of the Ahmadiyya minority in Bangladesh, with a subsequent article published in the Wall Street Journal describing the situation
- Developing a conflict analysis tool for use by the Office of the Prosecutor and the International Criminal Court in The Hague.
- Writing an Amicus Brief to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in a case about torture in Somalia.