The Harvard Law School Alliance for Israel is a diverse student organization dedicated to fostering positive, truthful, and responsible discussion of issues affecting the Jewish State. To receive periodic updates, or for more information, e-mail us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Highlights from 2011-2012:
- Chief Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks and Professor Alan Dershowitz spoke to a crowd of 300 about Israel as a Jewish state, in Harvard Law School’s Ames Courtroom.
- Gabriella Blum, Rita E. Hauser Professor of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law, spoke to a group of 80 HLS students about the legal and strategic implications of Palestinian statehood for Israel under international law.
- Alyza Lewin, Esq. spoke about Zivotofsky v. Clinton, the recent U.S. Supreme Court case about American citizens born in Jerusalem who request passports that list their place of birth as “Israel”.
Highlights from 2010-2011:
- Esther Sha’anan, Israeli lawyer and prominent advocate for women, spoke about Israeli family law and advocating for women in Israeli courts.
- Gil Hoffman, Senior Political Correspondent for the Jerusalem Post, spoke about American-Israeli diplomatic relations.
- Jeffrey Robbins, two-time U.S. delegate to the UN Human Rights Commission, spoke about human rights in the Middle East.
- Ben-Dror Yemini, Opinion Editor for the Israeli daily Ma’ariv, spoke about international media and anti-Israel propaganda.
- Ethiopian-Israeli university students spoke about their experiences growing up as Ethiopian Jews in Israel.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with Harvard Law School policy, HLS Alliance for Israel does not engage in direct legal or political advocacy, focusing instead on educational, social, and cultural events. HLS Alliance for Israel does not necessarily represent the opinions or policies of Harvard Law School.