Congratulations on deciding to attend Harvard Law! We’d like to take this opportunity to briefly introduce you to our group, La Alianza, the Hispanic student organization at HLS.
This upcoming year will be an exciting one for us. We are planning a number of networking opportunities for our members, as well as events focused on academic and professional success to help you succeed both in law school and in your future career. We realize that all work and no play is no fun, so, we also plan on having lots of social events, from fall and winter retreats to potlucks, to help you get to know us and build a fun and caring community here at HLS.
In particular, we wanted to personally invite you to our Welcome Dinner on September 10. Just email us at email@example.com letting us know you’re interested so we can let you know more about the dinner as the date gets closer. You can also reach us with any questions you may have about student life at HLS or La Alianza. We hope you have a wonderful summer and look forward to seeing you this Fall.
La Alianza has been very busy this semester as we welcomed the 1Ls and LLMs to HLS and got going on a new school year.
La Alianza’s Fall Salsa Party took place on October 23rd, 2010. We had an great turnout as Harvard students and others from around the Boston area joined us in the Ropes Gray room for one of the biggest events of the year. Take a look at our photos page to see pictures from the event. We also have a number of mixers and happy hours with other affinity groups from around the university planned.
The winter and spring are shaping up to be just as filled with activity as we plan our Spring Conference, set for April 1-3, 2011, and a number of other events for our members and the wider Harvard community. For more information about the conference, please visit the website www.latinoconferenceatharvard.com. For information on other events, take a look at our calendar page.
The Harvard Latino Law and Public Policy conference is a jointly organized program of the Kennedy School of Government’s Latino Caucus and La Alianza at Harvard Law School. The conference brings together undergraduate and graduate students, alumni, faculty, and other professionals from the private, public, and non-profit sector to discuss issues of concern to Latinos today.
View a summary of one of our past conferences below.
Featured Speakers for the 2006 conference, Nuevas Fronteras: Latino Leadership at the Forefront:
* Maria Echaveste (Thursday Keynote Speaker), former deputy chief of staff for President Clinton and lecturer at Boalt Hall Law School, UC Berkeley
* Anna Maria Chavez (Friday Breakfast Speaker), director of intergovernmental affairs, Office of Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano
The objectives of the 9th Annual Harvard Latino Law and Public Policy Conference are:
* to provide conference participants the opportunity to learn from panels featuring renowned personalities active in law, politics, the media, business, community development, and higher education
* to inspire and re-energize students towards careers in public service by highlighting the contributions of Hispanics to American society
* to afford student participants ample opportunities for networking and mentoring activities with fellow students, alumni, and professionals from a wide variety of fields
Kennedy School of Government
Taubman Building, Rotunda
Harvard Law School
Austin Hall, Lobby
Thank you to our Sponsors:
La Alianza Sponsors
- Cleary Gottleib Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Clifford Chance LLP
- Covington & Burling
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell
- Dewey Ballantine LLP
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
Latino Caucus Sponsors
- The Institute of Politics’ Forum Office
- Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business and Government
- The Hauser Center for Nonprofit Organizations
- The Malcolm Wiener Center for Social Policy
- KSG’s Dean’s Office
- Center for Public Leadership
- The Harvard COOP
- Kennedy School Student Government
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org