Interested in learning more about the Delta Project? E-mail us at email@example.com to find out about our exciting projects for the Spring 2013 semester, including:
- developing policy meant to facilitate the funding of microfinance and microlending in Arkansas;
- making policy recommendations to support small and new growers and specialty crop production in Mississippi;
- assisting in the development of the first Mental Health Court in Hinds County, the largest county in Mississippi;
- analyzing the quality rating system for Mississippi child care facilities; and
- examining the use of restorative justice principles in schools in order to reduce the school-to-prison pipeline.
Founded in 2009, the HLS Mississippi Delta Project is one of the newest student public service organizations at Harvard Law School. Across Harvard University, growing awareness of both the Delta’s enormous challenges and its great promise led to efforts at several Harvard schools to build connections between Cambridge and the multi-state Delta region.