- This event has passed.
Food as Medicine
October 30, 2013 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
In honor of Food Day, Food Soc is co-sponsoring a dynamic and timely symposium on “Food as Medicine,” where the expert panelists will discuss how the provision of nutritious food should be an integral part of both preventative and ameliorative healthcare services. The panel will include:
- Dr. Caroline Apovian, Associate Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics at Boston University School of Medicine; Director, Nutrition and Weight Management Center at Boston Medical Center; Director, Clinical Research at the Obesity Research Center of Boston Medical Center
- Gus Schumacher, Vice President of Policy, Wholesome Wave
- David Waters, CEO, Community Servings
- Malinda Ellwood, Senior Clinical Fellow, Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation of Harvard Law School
- Robert Greenwald, Director, Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation; Clinical Professor of Law, Harvard Law School, who will serve as the moderator
Hosted by the Community Servings of Jamaica Plain, Harvard Law School’s Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation, Harvard Food Law and Policy Clinic, and the Harvard Food Law Society.
To register, visit http://www.foodday.org/jterranova/food_is_medicine