VOICES FOR AFRICA: The HGSE African Education Initiative presents the 2011 African Development Youth Leadership Program
Objective: The program seeks to expose local high school students to Africa- an exposure that they might not otherwise have. The program will allow participants to challenge misconceptions about Africa, make personal connections with Africa, and collaborate with HGSE students who have studied, worked or lived in Africa.
Agenda: Beginning in February 2011, the program will include:
- Three (3) workshops led by current Harvard graduate students focusing on current issues relating to Africa, development and leadership;
- The opportunity to participate in a project relating to Africa of interest to the student, to be presented to members of the Harvard community;
- A special invitation to and guided experience at the Harvard African Development Conference on March 26, 2011.
- Upon applying to the program, the selected students are assigned a graduate student mentor who will work with them throughout the weeks prior to the conference, advise them in their individual projects and lead them during the day of the conference.
* Voices for Africa is now RECRUITING applicants and we need your help!
If you know of a local high school, principal, teacher or student who might be interested in this program please pass along the link to our website http://isites.harvard.edu/hgse_vfa where they will find our contact information as well as the African Development Youth Leadership Program application. Questions? Email Co-Presidents Julie Ficarra (firstname.lastname@example.org) or J.D. Gladden (email@example.com).