HALS language tables are a great way to meet new friends and brush up on those skills! They run every week throughout the year. It is never too late to sign up.
Please contact the host to sign up for a language table.
- Mandarin: Friday, 11/9 from 12-1 PM in the Hark, hosted by Nathan Campbell (ncampbell@jd15) (note: this table will continue rotating throughout the semester)
- Cantonese: Friday, 11/9 from 12-1 PM in WCC 1047, hosted by May Chow (mchow@jd15)
- Japanese: Wednesday, 11/7 from 11:50 AM -1:10 PM in the Hark (in the southern dining room behind the glass doors), hosted by Carter Hall (chall@jd15)
- Korean: Thursday, 11/8 from 12-1:30 PM in South Hark, hosted by Joo-Young Rognlie (jrognlie@jd15)
- Taiwanese: Thursday, 11/8 from 12-1 PM in the Hark, hosted by Jeffrey Li (cli@llm13)
As we mentioned at the General Meeting, you will be reimbursed $5.00 for each table you attend as long as you attend more than 3 tables. If you attend tables for more than one language then you will need to satisfy the 3-tables rule separately for each language (e.g. if you attend 1 Japanese table and 4 Mandarin tables, you will only be reimbursed for the Mandarin tables). Lastly, you will only be reimbursed for tables that you attend after you pay your annual membership dues. Please contact our treasurer, Sonya Ho, at firstname.lastname@example.org to pay dues and feel free to direct any questions about the tables/reimbursement system to HarvardAsiaLaw@gmail.com.