The Milbank Tweed Student Conference Fund is a highly competitive fund allocated specifically for HLS officially recognized student organizations and journals planning conferences or symposia in relation to their organizations missions and goals. The fund is available to student organizations and journals through the process outlined below.
Procedure for applying for Milbank Tweed Funds
• Submit by Monday, September 22 by 11:59 pm; notified by date TBD
• Submit by Monday, December 15 by 11:59 pm; notified by date TBD
2. Notification of allocations will be made by the The Milbank Tweed Committee, comprised of members of the Dean of Students Office.
3. Students must include recognition of the grant in the following ways:
• Milbank Tweed must be a prominently displayed as a sponsor, and
• Students must produce all posters (including on campus video screens), e-mail announcements, websites, and mailings with the Milbank logo.
4. Students must reach out to current Milbank partners and associates to participate in the conference or symposia at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
5. Student Organizations and Journals seeking funding are highly encouraged to meaningfully co-sponsor events and symposia; such Organizations and Journals will receive funding deference in recognition of this effort.
6. Videotaping Milbank Tweed conferences/symposia is suggested, not required. We request one photograph of the conference/symposia. Please note: all photographs/recordings should comply with our Office of Communications guidelines and any questions should be directed to the Dean of Students Office.
Please contact the Dean of Students Office for financial information and restrictions, or for more information on applying for the Fund.