The Milbank Tweed Student Conference Fund is a highly competitive fund allocated specifically for HLS officially recognized student organizations and journals planning conferences or symposia in relation to their organizations missions and goals. The fund is available to student organizations and journals through the process outlined below.
Procedure for applying for Milbank Tweed Funds
Submit by Friday, September 13 by 5 pm; notified on Monday, September 16, 2013
Submit by Friday, November 1 by 5 pm; notified on Monday, November 4, 2013
• Submit by Friday, January 31 by 5 pm; notified on Monday, February 3, 2014
2. Notification of allocations will be made by the The Milbank Tweed Committee, comprised of members of the Dean of Students Office, one week after the application deadline.
3. Students must include recognition of the grant in the following ways:
• Milbank Tweed must be a headlining sponsor, and
• Students must work with our Communications Office to produce all posters, e-mail announcements, websites, and mailings. The Communications Office must receive publicity materials 4 weeks prior to the event. The communications office is located at Pound Hall (1563 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138). You can reach them by phone (617-495-3118), fax (617-495-3501) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. Students will reach out to current Milbank partners and associates to participate in the conference or symposia at least 4 weeks prior to the event, as appropriate.
5. Student Organizations and Journals seeking funding are highly encouraged to meaningfully co-sponsor events and symposia; such Organizations and Journals will receive funding deference in recognition of this effort.
6. Videotaping Milbank Tweed conferences/symposia is suggested, not required. We request one photograph of the conference/symposia when appropriate. Please note: all photographs/recordings should comply with our Office of Communications guidelines and any questions should be directed to the Dean of Students Office.
Please contact the Dean of Students Office for financial information and restrictions, or for more information on applying for the Fund.