Milbank Tweed Student Conference Fund
The Milbank Tweed Student Conference Fund is a highly competitive fund allocated specifically for HLS officially recognized student organizations and journals planning conferences or symposia in relation to their organizations missions and goals. The fund is available to student organizations and journals through the process outlined below.
Procedure for applying for Milbank Tweed Funds
- Student Organization or Journal must submit a detailed conference proposal and a complete budget for the event to Meg DeMarco in the Dean of Students Office. Determinations will be made twice a year on the dates below:
- October 1, 2012 for a Fall Conference (allowable event dates: October 1 – December 4, 2012)
- January 14, 2013 for a Spring Conference (allowable event dates: January 28 – April 26, 2013)
- Notification of allocations will be made by the The Milbank Tweed Committee, comprised of members of the Dean of Students Office, one week after the application deadline.
- Students must include recognition of the grant in the following ways:
- Milbank Tweed must be a headlining sponsor
- An official Milbank Tweed logo must be prominently displayed in the middle center of all advertisements including posters, e-mail announcements, websites, and mailings
- Students will work with the Dean of Students Office to produce all posters, e-mail announcements, websites, and mailings
- Students will reach out to current Milbank partners and associates to participate in the conference or symposia as appropriate
- Student Organizations and Journals seeking funding are highly encouraged to co-sponsor events and symposia; such Organizations and Journals will receive funding deference in recognition of this effort.
Please contact Meg DeMarco for more information on applying for the fund.