The Milbank Tweed Student Conference Fund is a highly competitive fund allocated specifically for HLS officially recognized student organizations and journals planning conferences or symposia in relation to their organizations missions and goals. The fund is available to student organizations and journals through the process outlined below.
Procedure for applying for Milbank Tweed Funds
• Submit by Friday, September 22 by 5 pm; notified by date TBD
• Submit by Friday, December 15 by 5 pm; notified by date TBD
2. Notification of allocations will be made by the The Milbank Tweed Committee, comprised of members of the Dean of Students Office, one week after the application deadline.
3. Students must include recognition of the grant in the following ways:
• Milbank Tweed must be a headlining sponsor, and
• Students must produce all posters, e-mail announcements, websites, and mailings with the Milbank logo.
4. Students will reach out to current Milbank partners and associates to participate in the conference or symposia at least 4 weeks prior to the event, as appropriate.
5. Student Organizations and Journals seeking funding are highly encouraged to meaningfully co-sponsor events and symposia; such Organizations and Journals will receive funding deference in recognition of this effort.
6. Videotaping Milbank Tweed conferences/symposia is suggested, not required. We request one photograph of the conference/symposia when appropriate. Please note: all photographs/recordings should comply with our Office of Communications guidelines and any questions should be directed to the Dean of Students Office.
Please contact the Dean of Students Office for financial information and restrictions, or for more information on applying for the Fund.