Who is part of HLHCS?
- HLS and other Harvard students interested in health policy, health care law, biotechnology, bioethics, health and human rights, and a range of other health and law topics. You can join simply by signing up for our email list and coming to our events.
With whom does HLHCS collaborate?
- Harvard’s Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology and Bioethics
- Health groups at other Harvard graduate schools, including the Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health, Kennedy School of Government, and Harvard Business School
- Various student groups at HLS
What can I do as part of HLHCS?
- Attend health-related speaker events and panels at HLS and across Harvard University.
- Bring speakers to campus on health topics of your choosing. Past events have included medical bankruptcy, racial disparities in health care, careers in health law, and importation of foreign pharmaceuticals.
- Learn about Harvard students’ research on health care topics at the Health Law and Policy Colloquium.
- Attend faculty lunches and meet HLS professors to discuss health law and research topics and to receive career advice.
- Participate in informal dialogue with other students, alumni, health professionals and health lawyers through happy hours and mentoring.
- Get answers to questions about joint degrees, recommended classes, and networking opportunities.
- Volunteer with one of our new community partners and help improve the health of low-income individuals and families in Boston through legal advocacy.
How can I get involved?
If you would like to get involved, look for information about our meetings, events and happy hours in news@law emails, feel free to email our President, Jennifer Haney (email@example.com).
HLHCS is about our members’ interests, so we are open to any and all ideas you have for activities or events. We look forward to growing HLHCS with you!