Leadership and Committees
Are you curious about international development? A veteran aid worker or consultant? An international student looking to share your experience? The LIDS team is always excited to speak with current members, potential members, fellow students, practitioners and members of the alumni community! There are multiple ways to get involved in LIDS, even if participating in a project is not right for you or does not fit your schedule!
Stay up-to-date by joining our email list.
To subscribe to the LIDS email list-serve, please send a message to email@example.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line.
Join a committee.
We’re always looking for help from fellow students to develop evolving and new plans. Work with our VPs on one of the following core committees:
- Speakers and Events: Invite development professionals to participate in events and help coordinate our annual symposium. Contact Co-VPs, Speakers and Events: Dean Rosenberg and Elizabeth Floyd.
- Projects: Help screen, design and monitor our projects alongside impressive partner organizations. Contact Co-VPs, Projects: John Rennie and Sarah Weiner.
- Communications: Participate in running and publishing LIDS Live, LIDS’ exciting blog, help run the LIDS website, or assist with other communications-related tasks that are essential to LIDS’ operation! Contact Co-VPs, Communications: Sarah Kalin and Maria Parra-Orlandoni.
- Community: Bring people together around good conversation and food or drinks to discuss development. Contact VP, Community: Veronica Sauer.
- Collaborations: Identify creative ways to work with current students, alumni and others in Boston and beyond to increase involvement in law and international development. Contact Co-VPs Collaborations: Beth Nehrling and Maryum Jordan.
- Alumni and External Relations: Help to connect LIDS with our distinguished alumni and advisory board. Contact Director of Alumni and External Relations: Daniel Holman.
Please contact the VPs listed above directly to sign up for the committee in which you are interested. Learn more about the VPs on our Executive Board page.
For more information regarding membership, please contact VP, Community Veronica Sauer. Veronica is also the primary point of contact for recent HLS admits interested in joining our organization.
For general inquiries and suggestions, please email LIDS at firstname.lastname@example.org.