Partner organizations are crucial to the work LIDS carries out. Since its founding, LIDS’s central mission has been to provide pro bono legal and policy analysis to our partner organizations working in the field of international development. As LIDS has grown, the ways in which a partner organization can collaborate with us has diversified:
- Project Work: The core of LIDS mission is to provide your organization with pro bono legal and policy analysis. To learn about LIDS’s work in the past and general approach to projects, you can read our projects overview or review our current and past projects.
- Independent Clinicals: LIDS has staffed short-term, in-the-field projects with law students, which allow current students to get hands-on experience in the field while earning clinical credit. During the 2010-11 academic year, LIDS organized a partnership with the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), an innovative U.S. government development agency. In January 2012, LIDS partnered with the Integrity Vice Presidency of the World Bank. For more information, you can visit our independent clinicals page.
- Speak at HLS: If your travels take you to the Northeast US, it would be great to have people from your organization to speak to a group of students about the work you do that is related to law and development. We have had a number of very successful talks and informal brown bag lunches, and such access to professionals is very helpful for students interested in careers in development. For more information, please contact our Co-Vice Presidents for Speakers & Events, Dean Rosenberg and Elizabeth Floyd.
- Partner with LIDS to Recruit Summer Interns and Full-Time Employees: LIDS is willing to work with you to recruit and identify promising candidates from our membership of graduate students from Harvard Law School, Harvard Kennedy School, and the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, among others. For more information, please contact our VP of External Relations, Daniel Holman.
- Provide Career Advice and Mentoring: Would your employees be willing to be a contact for students interested in learning more about your international practice? LIDS welcomes volunteers from your organization who could help Harvard Law Students develop a network of informative contacts. For more information, please contact our VP of External Relations, Daniel Holman.
- Keep in Touch Online: Keep in touch and join us on Linkedin or Facebook to help build an online network for students and alumni, and sign up for our email newsletter.