1) Representative Elections: Deadline is Tomorrow at NOON
Get Involved – Next week, students will elect seven 1Ls (one for each section), three 2Ls, three 3Ls, one transfer student, two LLMs, and one SJD to serve as representatives on the HLS Student Government. The deadline to submit candidate statements is Thursday, 9/22, at noon.
What Representatives Do – Student Government is an excellent way to get involved on campus. As a representative, your role can include:
- Brainstorming a new academic initiative or course registration issues
- Helping decide how funding for campus activities should be allocated
- Working with your favorite professor to set up a student-faculty dinner at their house
- Voting on the creation of new student organizations
- Meeting fellow leaders from other sections and classes at our meetings (twice a month)
- Wednesday, 9/21, 5:30pm: You can begin to submit your 150-word candidate statement to firstname.lastname@example.org using your Harvard email account.
- Thursday, 9/22, NOON: Deadline to submit your candidate statement.
- Monday, 9/26: Candidate statements will be emailed to the students eligible to vote in your election (e.g., 1Ls can only vote for a representative for their respective sections, 2Ls can only vote for 2L reps).
- Wednesday, 9/28, 9:00am-5:00pm: Voting occurs. (Note: The date has been changed due to Rosh Hashanah.)
- Wednesday, 10/5, 7:30pm-8:45pm: Newly elected representatives will attend the first general meeting of the Student Government.
2) Kickoff Party and Harvard Football (Friday, 4:30pm-7:00pm) – Sponsored by the Harvard Graduate Council
One of this year’s goals for the HLS Student Government is make sure HLS students are invited to and know about events thrown by the other HLS graduate schools. See below for info about the Kickoff Party sponsored by the Harvard Graduate Council, the university-wide student government for the graduate and professional schools at Harvard University.
Cost: Free for Harvard Students – You can bring one guest.
Where: Harvard Stadium (Look for the HGC Tent)
Go get your tickets here: http://hgc.harvard.edu/harvard-wide-kickoff/